Top Posts (last 48 hrs)
- My blog moved!
- What 9 year olds do that’s worth billions to corporations
- The prospect of premature death didn’t make me change so I tried this instead
- The worst management training I ever had - and the best
- Accelerated intimacy at work (without a call from HR)
- The best peer support group for your career?
- How to not suck at receiving feedback
- The best gift my mother ever gave me
- A letter from my future self
- The best meal in Florence
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Whenever I’m asked about how work is going these days, I usually reply “It’s great.” Maybe I’ll follow it up with “I really love my job.” Then I get the look. A mixture of surprise, bemusement, and a little dislike. … Continue reading
Large firms hire some of the smartest, most capable people. Yet, when those people become managers, they do stupid things. For example, they cling to concepts like “pay for performance” and “talent management” without any critical thinking – without questioning … Continue reading