Top Posts (last 48 hrs)
- My blog moved!
- What 9 year olds do that’s worth billions to corporations
- The prospect of premature death didn’t make me change so I tried this instead
- The worst management training I ever had - and the best
- Accelerated intimacy at work (without a call from HR)
- The best peer support group for your career?
- How to not suck at receiving feedback
- The best gift my mother ever gave me
- A letter from my future self
- The best meal in Florence
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: March 2014
For most of my career, I’ve been afraid. As I approach 50, though, that fear is being replaced by something else. Not quite confidence and certainly not peace. It’s more a sense of fuck-it-I-need-to-do-something-that-matters-now. Here are 3 stories about fears … Continue reading
A lot of the rhetoric about management, including my own, can come across as pitting us against them. But I’m actually a manager, too. And my boss has a boss. So who’s us and who’s them? Okay, maybe your boss … Continue reading
If leading with generosity is the best way to build your network, what do you do when you actually want something from someone? How do you reconcile being generous with being needy? I need help all the time. In the … Continue reading